· Import of Food, Cosmetics, Medicines, Supplements & Personal Medical Equipment by private individuals for personal use must get Food & Drug Administration (FDA) of Thailand exemption approval – duration minimum 3 days. An affidavit letter explaining the items are not for commercial use is required.
· Due to pandemic, exemption approval process may take between 10 – 15 days.
· Prior to any Customs formalities, private Individuals must register with the Thai Customs Department and nominate DHL Express (Thailand) Ltd as customs clearance broker.
For Thai Nationals
To register via https://www.customstraderportal.com a registrant must complete an identity verification via an online application named Pao-Tang; via Krungthai ATMs; and at all branches of Krungthai Bank
For non-Thai nationals
Require original passport/ID, work permit and the latest Entry Stamp Visa (This may take up to 3-4 days)
· For further information, contact DHL Customs Clearance Department at
+662-135-0000 or email
The limitation for personal use is as follows:
· Food: reasonable quantities allowed.
· Cosmetics: 6 pieces allowed.
· Medicines: reasonable quantities allowed and requires an original doctor's prescription (from a Thai doctor) to confirm the patient was examined & prescribed such medication.
· Supplements: reasonable quantities allowed for 1 month consumption only.
· Medical equipment: i.e. massager, personal test kits, any gadgets that can measure blood pressure or heart rate and etc., 1 item allowed and requires a doctor's certificate (from a Thai doctor) to confirm the patient needs this equipment for well-being.
Note: COVID Test Kit and COVID vaccine is prohibited to import by individuals.
Shipments exceeding above stipulated limits require import license. Shipments without the required license/FDA Exemption or shipments in the custody of the DHL customs bond for more than 30 days may risk being destroyed.